For an increasing number of Muslim parents, Islamic education is a source of major concern, and for many, the only solution is seen as a part time Muslim school for their children in the evening.
Eden Foundation seeks:
- To develop the whole personality of pupils with Islam as the main focus of their lives.
- To encourage the pursuit and attainment of general knowledge of Islam.
- To promote the dignity of each young person through self-respect, respect for parents, elders and others, through the development of personal responsibility.
- To help young people to understand the complexity of the world in which they live and that their own well-being is closely connected to the well-being of others.
- To ensure that young people enjoy their life and develop a love of learning and a strong desire to continue their education as a lifelong experience.
- To acquire a moral attitude to life through conscientious awareness and the practice of Divine Guidance in all their affairs and transactions.
- To provide local community services including Friday prayers and Eid Prayers.
- To provide and promote community cohesion within Handsworth.
- To provide social activities for the youth during the weekends and Holidays – Eden Youth Clubs.
In order to achieve the above, Eden Foundation offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum while maintaining a strong ethos within the school which incorporates divine guidance given in the Holy Qur’aan and the Sunnah (ways) of the last Prophet, Muhammad (pbuh).
Additionally, Eden Foundation is open to the public during the day time to provide the services to the Muslim community.